MetFilm School is a world-leading film, television and online media school which offers undergraduate, postgraduate and short courses in London and Berlin. The London campus is based at the famous Ealing Studios, known for the production such as The Ladykillers, Notting Hill, Downton Abbey and The Theory of Everything. “Our mission is to inspire a new generation of creative professionals. We bring the education and screen industries together in a creative environment, driven by great teaching and practical, hands-on experience, led by inspiring role models. Whichever course you choose, whether it’s for 3 years or a weekend, general filmmaking or a specialist discipline, we look forward to welcoming you to the School and giving you our full support in your next steps as a smart screen creative.” Jonny Persey, Director, MetFilm
Bachelors Film Business & Screen Entrepreneurship
The course challenges you to embrace current narrative and production techniques for screen and television as well as emerging trends and to learn key business skills which you will then use to develop high-level business plans and strategies.
You’ll learn to navigate the modern media environment; film and media content production and delivery; financing and funding; data and analytics; legal and accounting principles; marketing strategy, exploitation and distribution.
You’ll also hone skills to help progress in your own business career – presentation, networking, pitching and creative entrepreneurship.
The BA (Hons) Film Business and Screen Entrepreneurship* programme is made up of Level 4, 5 and 6 modules delivered over six consecutive semesters, each focusing on a key area of business within the screen industries.
In each semester the students will study three modules: Business Sense, Industry Skills and Entrepreneurship. By meeting the learning outcomes, the students develop knowledge and understanding, critical analysis and practical skills to help them become business practitioners within the creative industries.
Each semester thereby consists of a parallel programme of learning business skills; exploration of underlying contemporary and historical, theoretical and commercial context; and practical portfolio development, linked to a challenge for the student to develop a business plan or project. Each semester is linked to a business or commercial body which specialises in the relevant aspect of business intelligence the students are studying.
• UCAS Tariff: 96 points
• A-Level: CCC
• Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: MMM
• GCSE Match & English: A, B, C
UK applicants need to apply through UCAS using codes:
• Course code: W3N2
• Institution code: W05
• Campus name: University of West London
A UCAS application requires applicants to complete a simple online form where they will have to supply the following information:
• Personal details
• Details of the ScreenSpace degree programme applied for
• Education and employment history
• A personal statement
• A reference, and contact details for your reference
Requirements to get a Spanish student visa?
Before you schedule an appointment at the Spanish Embassy in your country there are a few documents you need to have ready. These visa preparation documents highly vary per nationality and sometimes even per state department of your country. See here a list of requirements that usually need to be presented.
• National visa application form
• Biometric pictures
• Passport with expiry date at least 6 months past the date you are applying for
• Health Insurance Letter from Spanish provider
• Medical Examination, following the current requirements of the Spanish Health Association
• Accommodation Letter
• Bank statement, showing that you can financially sustain yourself during your whole stay in Spain (this amount varies every year, contact us for the up-to-date requirements)
• Invitation and offer letter from a Spanish academic institution
• Visa fees paid
• Most of these documents need to be translated into Spanish by a sworn translator and legalized by the notary or Spanish authorities, depending on your country of origin.
LEAP has a visa success rate of 95%. Contact one of you educational experts to enlarge your acceptance chance