Why studying abroad?

Do you need to clarify certain topics that help making up your mind about Spain as a study destination? Have a look at the following articles

Student Stories

  • Can I study in Spain completely in English?

    Yes, there are many study options in English for Bachelor, Master/MBA or PhD in Spain. Alternatively there are bilingual courses in English and Spanish available, if you want to learn Spanish while you are here.

  • Do I have to speak Spanish to live in Spain?

    No, most cities in Spain are very international. Barcelona, for example, is a very cosmopolitan city and over 52% of the local residents speak English, which makes it very easy for you to fulfill your everyday needs in English. We do, however, offer Spanish courses for beginners or advanced students if you wish to learn the language – your cultural immersion will be more insightful speaking the local language.

  • What are the admission requirements to get accepted by Universities and schools in Spain?

    This varies depending on each University’s requirements and depending on the degree you are seeking. In general, you will need to provide all your previous degrees and transcripts, professional CV, motivation letter and reference letters. In some cases the University asks you to take an entry exam or an online interview with their academic dean.

  • Where can I apply?

    Applications are done online and don’t require your physical presence. Your LEAP consultant supports you with the process.

  • What are the first steps if I want to start the process of admission?

    First choose the course you want to study and the University you want to study at. The next step then is to fill out an application form and prepare the needed documents.

  • How can I get a student Visa to travel to Spain ?

    You first need to get the admission letter from the University and book an interview at the Spanish embassy in your country. The embassy asks for documents such as your passport, bank statement, admission papers, health insurance and flight tickets. If you meet all the requirements of the authorities they will issue a European student Visa with multiple re-entry for you.

  • Are there English speaking doctors in Spain?

    Yes, when choosing your medical insurance in Spain, you will have the option of getting insurance that works with English speaking customer service, doctors and clinics. We work with ASISA Salud, one of the leading private insurances in Spain who provide a network of more than 25,000 doctors in Spain and provide worldwide coverage.

  • What are the costs of living in Spain?
    Highly depends on the city. On average you can calculate with a monthly budget of 500€-1000€ which covers:
    • Accommodation: the price ranges depending on which kind of accommodation you are looking for, rooms in shared apartments (200-600€), studio flats (400-1000€), student residency (400-1000€) or entire flats (600-1300€).
    • Food & Transportation: Monthly average is (100-400€) which covers groceries, public transportion and restaurants.
    • Medical insurance: 50€/month (incl. Dental)
  • Is a Spanish University degree accredited in my home country?

    Most public and private Universities in Spain provide a globally accredited degree. To ensure it is valid in your country you will need to request information about the specific University/School where you intend to study (or ask LEAP).

  • Can I work while I am studying?

    Yes, you can. With a European student visa you are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week and up to 4 hours a day. This permit is useful if someone wants to earn additional money by working as a promoter, waitress or in tourism, for example. You are also allowed to work full-time with this permit, up to 3 consecutive months, given you have no classes at the same time (e.g. during summer break). Students usually choose part-time job when the position cannot be qualified as an internship and doesn’t relate to the student’s study program.

  • What are the chances that I find a job in Spain after I graduate?

    There is a good chance that you find an internship or full time job after you graduate in Spain since many multinational companies have expanded their operations to Spain and are constantly looking for new and diverse talent. There are many career fairs organized by schools where multinational companies participate in to draft talent directly from the institutions.

  • Can I travel home and come back to Spain with my student visa?

    Yes, your student visa will grant you a residence permit that covers the duration of your studies with multiple entry, which allows you to travel and come back anytime.

  • Can I travel Europe with my student visa?

    Yes, once you obtain your European student visa you can travel the Schengen countries (26 countries) without border controls and multiple re-entry to Spain up to 90 days at once.

Any questions?

Send us a message and we will get back to you within 24 hours!

Contact us

Contact us

Request more information:

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Congrats! You are on a steady path to study in Spain

Start your journey today

Fill the form and in less than 24h an educational consultant will contact you, by phone and email, to discuss your options to study in Spain.

The SMS field must contain between 6 and 19 digits and include the country code without using +/0 (e.g. 1xxxxxxxxxx for the United States)
To help you in the best way possible. Fill out this 2 minutes during form and an Expert will contact you within 24-h.
Program Detail