The academy was founded in 1892 by Manuel Guiu Casanova (1869-1950), a graduate in Science (at that time, that included Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology) and the author of numerous Mathematics books that we exhibit in our library.. In 1939 he transferred all his functions to his son, Francisco Guiu Pérez (1910-1985), graduated as a Mechanical and Electrical Engineer. When he died, his son, Manuel Guiu Hidalgo (born in 1944) who was graduated as an Industrial Engineer, continued the management of the academy and took it to its maximum expansion and magnitude. Currently, the great-grandson of Manuel Guiu Casanova, Jordi Guiu (1976), a graduate in International Trade from UPF, is carrying out the next generational change.. In 1983 we started the exclusive Pathway preparation Courses for the University Entry Exam (EBAU) to gain access to university, which led us to become the pioneers in this field at a national level. In 1991, along with a wide experience at a national level, we started to offer courses for international High School students with equivalent studies.
Foundation Course Annual Pathway Program EBAU/UNED 1
The objective of EBAU (University entry exams), for students who have studied outside Spain is to assess their maturity, knowkedge, and skills acquired in High School.
The contents of these tests are determined by the curriculum of the Spanish second High School year.
In our classes, these contents will be worked on thoroughly, orienting the learning to a perfect performance during the exams.
Our teachers, university graduates, are specialists in each of the subjects and have the experience and empathy necessary to provide a high-quality training.
That is why we guarantee the passing of these tests to all students who prepare with us.
The entry exam to the university (EBAU) is structured in two phases:
1. The General Phase, mandatory for all High School students.
Specific phase, of a voluntary nature, for students who need to improve their scores.
It has five subjects:
• Spanish language and literature.
• Foreign language
• History of Spain
• And a common subject to choose between:
o Maths applied to social sciences
o Art basics
The student is examined for a maximum of 3 subjects, which must be related to the university degree they wish to study. Our specialists will inform you and guide you on the subjects that suit you best. Taking into account the subsequent studies you want to carry out. For this, we use the weighting grid.
• LEAP application form
• Passport copy
• Study transcripts
Requirements to get a Spanish student visa?
Before you schedule an appointment at the Spanish Embassy in your country there are a few documents you need to have ready. These visa preparation documents highly vary per nationality and sometimes even per state department of your country. See here a list of requirements that usually need to be presented.
• National visa application form
• Biometric pictures
• Passport with expiry date at least 6 months past the date you are applying for
• Health Insurance Letter from Spanish provider
• Medical Examination, following the current requirements of the Spanish Health Association
• Accommodation Letter
• Bank statement, showing that you can financially sustain yourself during your whole stay in Spain (this amount varies every year, contact us for the up-to-date requirements)
• Invitation and offer letter from a Spanish academic institution
• Visa fees paid
• Most of these documents need to be translated into Spanish by a sworn translator and legalized by the notary or Spanish authorities, depending on your country of origin.
LEAP has a visa success rate of 95%. Contact one of you educational experts to enlarge your acceptance chance