HTSI - School of Hospitality, Tourism and Hotel Management
The School of Tourism and Hospitality Management Sant Ignasi (HTSI) of Ramon Llull University promoted by the Society of Jesus and the ESADE Foundation, promotes teaching, research and dissemination of knowledge in the areas of leadership and management of hotel and tourism business. Its mission is to contribute to the scientific, social and humanistic training of professionally competent graduates who are aware of their responsibility to contribute to a humanized development of tourism and hospitality in the context of intercultural dialogue. HTSI, as part of the Universitat Ramon Llull is again positioned as one of the best institutions to study tourism in Spain and this year it is placed as the 2nd best university institution in Spain in the field "Hospitality and Leisure Management" in the QS World University Ranking by Subjects 2020.
Masters Hotel Business Management
The program offers:
• A global and transversal vision of the hotel business: from conception and definition to the implementation of the hotel project, launch, operation and management of the hotel company, with special emphasis on the development of strategic and financial expertise.
• A practical orientation: strengthening formal knowledge and equips participants with methodologies and tools that reinforce success in their professional and personal challenges.
• The development of management skills, understanding the current environment, trends, risks, threats and opportunities, where participants learn to take advantage of both, for their own benefit and for the company’s.
• It’s an official program (90 ECTS) granted by Ramon Llull University and recognized by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). It is equivalent to a Master of Science.
• Aimed to university graduates with a particular interest in the hotel industry.
• Small-group classes (max. 15 people) fully-conducted in English – Monday through Thursday, from 6pm to 9pm.
• The program includes a one-week immersion in a prestigious hotel company with the aim of shadow managers and directors, in order to get a general overview of how each department is operated. A study trip is also included during the program.
• Problem-based learning methodology – Each module is linked to a leading company, who will actively collaborate in the academic sessions and will challenge our students with real case-studies. Some examples of companies participating in this program are: Majestic Hotel & Spa, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Odgers Berndston, Hotel Princess Barcelona, Magma Hospitality, etc.
• Current statistics show that 90% of our students will find a job in less than 3 months after finishing the master’s.
• Information systems and electronic distribution in the hotel industry
• Dirección de operaciones en hotelería
• Dirección de marketing en hotelería
• Revenue Management and Sales Management
• Planificación estratégica en la industria hotelera internacional y corporativa
• Sostenibilidad y responsabilidad social
• Dirección de capital humano y organización
• Personal Development and Leadership
• Finanzas corporativas, Budgeting, Hotel Real Estate y gestión de riesgos
• Proyecto Final de Máster
• Have an official university degree (minimum 180 credits)
• Those who have not completed their university degree in Spain will be required to submit the European Diploma Supplement OR a certificate issued by the university attesting that they are eligible to pursue with master studies in their home country (this document is required by the Spanish Law).
• Spanish level minimum B2 – Otherwise an internal test will be send to the candidate via Skype.
• Submit 2 letters of recommendation AND a letter of motivation.
Requirements to get a Spanish student visa?
Before you schedule an appointment at the Spanish Embassy in your country there are a few documents you need to have ready. These visa preparation documents highly vary per nationality and sometimes even per state department of your country. See here a list of requirements that usually need to be presented.
• National visa application form
• Biometric pictures
• Passport with expiry date at least 6 months past the date you are applying for
• Health Insurance Letter from Spanish provider
• Medical Examination, following the current requirements of the Spanish Health Association
• Accommodation Letter
• Bank statement, showing that you can financially sustain yourself during your whole stay in Spain (this amount varies every year, contact us for the up-to-date requirements)
• Invitation and offer letter from a Spanish academic institution
• Visa fees paid
• Most of these documents need to be translated into Spanish by a sworn translator and legalized by the notary or Spanish authorities, depending on your country of origin.
LEAP has a visa success rate of 95%. Contact one of you educational experts to enlarge your acceptance chance