KTH: Royal Institute of Technology (Inno Energy)
Our unique European Master’s programmes address the most exciting and important areas in sustainable energy and energy engineering. All develop highly valued, in-demand knowledge and skills for a rapidly changing energy sector. Interested in renewable energy, nuclear fuels, smart cities, or clean fossil fuels? Want to be an expert in smart grids, or gain a broader overview of current and future energy technologies? We have the programme for you
Masters Renewable Energy
Renewable energy is changing the energy industry fast, creating a more diverse sector with huge opportunities for new technologies, new businesses and new ideas.
The Master’s in Renewable Energy (MSc RENE) provides in-depth knowledge of all major renewable technologies and gives you the opportunity to specialise in areas that interest you most.
With courses in business skills and innovation management our goal is to transform you into an energy engineer, entrepreneur or innovator of the future.
In the first year, you will take core modules in:
• Advanced technology concepts and methods
• Production and utilization of sustainable energy
• Impact of renewables on costs, market volumes and CO2 emissions
• Energy economy and markets
• Energy and enrivonment
• Business Management training by ESADE
The second year is your chance to focus on the areas that interest you most.
Students can choose from modules on the following areas of specialization that will also determine which university you will attend:
• Solar photovoltaics
• Solar thermal electricity
• Wind energy
• Ocean and offshore energy
• Biomass and biofuels
• Integration of renewable systems with the energy system
• Master Thesis
The admissions criteria are:
• A copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate (worth a minimum of 180 ECTS credits),
• A copy of your transcript of records
• Proof of English proficiency
• Your CV or resume
• A copy of your passport
• Where required, a motivation letter explaining why you wish to apply to the programme
Requirements to get a Spanish student visa?
Before you schedule an appointment at the Spanish Embassy in your country there are a few documents you need to have ready. These visa preparation documents highly vary per nationality and sometimes even per state department of your country. See here a list of requirements that usually need to be presented.
• National visa application form
• Biometric pictures
• Passport with expiry date at least 6 months past the date you are applying for
• Health Insurance Letter from Spanish provider
• Medical Examination, following the current requirements of the Spanish Health Association
• Accommodation Letter
• Bank statement, showing that you can financially sustain yourself during your whole stay in Spain (this amount varies every year, contact us for the up-to-date requirements)
• Invitation and offer letter from a Spanish academic institution
• Visa fees paid
• Most of these documents need to be translated into Spanish by a sworn translator and legalized by the notary or Spanish authorities, depending on your country of origin.
LEAP has a visa success rate of 95%. Contact one of you educational experts to enlarge your acceptance chance