MetFilm School is a world-leading film, television and online media school which offers undergraduate, postgraduate and short courses in London and Berlin. The London campus is based at the famous Ealing Studios, known for the production such as The Ladykillers, Notting Hill, Downton Abbey and The Theory of Everything. “Our mission is to inspire a new generation of creative professionals. We bring the education and screen industries together in a creative environment, driven by great teaching and practical, hands-on experience, led by inspiring role models. Whichever course you choose, whether it’s for 3 years or a weekend, general filmmaking or a specialist discipline, we look forward to welcoming you to the School and giving you our full support in your next steps as a smart screen creative.” Jonny Persey, Director, MetFilm
Short Course Six-Month Acting for Film
This six-month full-time course covers the core skills and industry insights that you’ll need to launch a career in acting, from voice and movement techniques to getting ready for castings and auditions. It is ideal for those who are looking to retrain as an actor and build an enhanced understanding of on-set practices and the technical requirements.
• Improve your vocal and physical expression and build an understanding of on-screen acting skills and technical aspects of the profession
• Receive introduction to motion capture, an innovative fast-growing area of filmmaking, which focuses on movement in the virtual world
• Study the fundamentals of combat movement, essential for action films
• Learn about various job opportunities for an actor in today’ s market, including acting and voice acting for film, radio and commercials
• Meet agents, casting directors and professional actors to receive advice about audition techniques and casting opportunities in the industry
• Get familiar with filmmaking process, understand how to work with a film crew on set
• Participate in a shooting day with a professional film crew
• Subtext and storytelling in acting
• Script analysis and performance
• Rehearsal – improvisation, speaking out an interior monologue and rehearsing the script beat by beat
• Filmmaking skills – understanding the process, stages in broad terms
• Voice and movement
• Advanced acting skills – the Meisner technique, Mast, Improvisation, Stanislavski and Clown
• Audition workshop and preparation
• Dialect workshop
• Introduction to combat movement and motion capture
• Acting careers
Requirements to get a Spanish student visa?
Before you schedule an appointment at the Spanish Embassy in your country there are a few documents you need to have ready. These visa preparation documents highly vary per nationality and sometimes even per state department of your country. See here a list of requirements that usually need to be presented.
• National visa application form
• Biometric pictures
• Passport with expiry date at least 6 months past the date you are applying for
• Health Insurance Letter from Spanish provider
• Medical Examination, following the current requirements of the Spanish Health Association
• Accommodation Letter
• Bank statement, showing that you can financially sustain yourself during your whole stay in Spain (this amount varies every year, contact us for the up-to-date requirements)
• Invitation and offer letter from a Spanish academic institution
• Visa fees paid
• Most of these documents need to be translated into Spanish by a sworn translator and legalized by the notary or Spanish authorities, depending on your country of origin.
LEAP has a visa success rate of 95%. Contact one of you educational experts to enlarge your acceptance chance